The title says it all here. I whipped out some roasted sweet potatoes to go with my pot roast leftovers tonight and they smelled so sweet while they were roasting that it was driving me insane. They smelled like pure brown sugar, so good I could have cried.
They tasted pretty good too. Here’s my recipe.
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Recipe)
- Two sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks no bigger than 1-inch
- A couple tablespoons of melted ghee
- Curry powder, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt – all to taste
- Toss everything in a bowl so the potatoes are covered in oil and spices, then spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 450 F for 35-45 minutes. I like mine a little caramelized, so these were in for 42 minutes.
- Try not to burn your tongue when you eat them directly off the hot cookie sheet.
That’s it, that’s the whole recipe. It’s very simple, and extremely versatile, too. You can flavor these however you like. the essential things are 1) an oil to coat the potatoes and 2) your favorite spices to flavor them. I chose the ghee here because I just got a jar of it for the first time and I’m completely obsessed with the buttery-ness. I’ve also made them with olive oil and Eating Well’s Marrakesh steak rub seasoning. My sister makes them with cinnamon. Do them however you like!
Whole 30 Menu: Day 24
- Hard-boiled egg
- Muscat grapes
- Crispy chicken salad with pineapple pico de gallo and cilantro-avocado dressing (leftovers)
- Dried Smyrna figs
- Muscat grapes
- A handful of salted roasted almonds
- Dried mango
- Epic cranberry & sriracha beef jerky
- Pot roast and vegetables with gravy (leftovers)
- Sweet and spicy roasted sweet potatoes
How do I feel?
I feel fine, as usual, if a bit tired. Looking forward to the evening wind down of hot tea, a good book, and kitty snuggling. I’ve got nothing new to add to this today.